If you have limited space in your kitchen but still want to be able to cook all of your favorite dishes, then you should invest in a pantry microwave. But can you put a microwave in a pantry? That’s the question we’ll answer here.
Every microwave brand has its own specs and model sizes. Therefore, it’s important to note that not all microwaves are created equal. That being said, we’ll look at the general dimensions of microwaves to get an idea of whether or not your pantry is big enough before you invest in one.
Here are the dimensions of a standard microwave (based on a Sharp model):
- Width: 17 inches (43.3 cm)
- Height: 14 inches (35.6 cm)
- Depth: 14.75 inches (36.5 cm)
As you can see, the depth is a bit more than the height and width, and the unit itself is relatively wide. This means that you should be sure of two things before investing in a microwave:
- Ensure that your pantry has enough space to accommodate the microwave.
- Your pantry has enough room for your microwave, should it be more extensive than a standard model.
If you can find one that matches these dimensions or is slightly smaller, you should be good to go.
Now that we’ve established exactly how big microwaves are, let’s look at the pantries where microwaves can comfortably fit.
It is to be noted that microwaves aren’t designed to be fitted directly into your kitchen cabinet, so you need to ensure that your cabinet has enough space. And while the idea of a microwave being in a pantry may sound excellent, it’s not the perfect solution.
If it’s too big, your microwave won’t fit in properly, and you’ll have trouble reaching inside when you want to cook something. If it’s too small, you might have problems with overfilling or underfilling your microwave and having a tangled mess of wiring and cords.
Yes, you can put a microwave in a pantry. But you need to make sure that the dimensions fit your needs and the space in your pantry. Otherwise, you could have a problem with your hands.
How many square feet of space do microwaves take?
Microwave ovens are popular among homeowners because they provide quick and easy meal preparation without firing up the kitchen range or cooktop or using additional kitchen appliances. However, not all homeowners who choose to install microwave ovens are aware of the size of these appliances. Some measure under 24 inches and others measure more than 36 inches in length.
When you decide to put a microwave oven in your kitchen, the first thing you need to know is the length and width of your kitchen. Once you have those measurements, you can determine how much space is required for your microwave oven. The following are some of the factors that determine the size of a microwave oven:
1. The square footage of a given room.
Without square footage, it will be challenging to determine the size of your home. Therefore, you should always measure the room before installing a microwave oven. You can measure the area with a measuring tape. Please make sure that you remove all furniture from this area; otherwise, you may damage them with an electric appliance such as an element or receptacle.
2. The size of the microwave oven itself.
The size of your kitchen also depends on the size of your microwave oven. Depending on how big a kitchen you have, you can choose from various sizes. Choose the bigger size if your kitchen is large enough to accommodate it.
3. The style of the microwave oven.
Depending on your demands, you may choose from a wide range of microwave ovens. However, each brand has its own unique styling and performance, so you must select a model that matches well with your décor and design style.
4. Make sure the microwave will fit into your kitchen.
It is essential to measure the dimensions before purchasing one. A basic rule of thumb is that the length and width of the microwave oven should be within these measurements.
Microwave control panel not working?
Most electrical appliances come with a control panel to allow you to adjust their settings for various purposes. Unfortunately, when things get a bit out of hand, control panels can be damaged by water or other substances. Follow these methods if your microwave isn’t working and you’d like to fix it.
- First, make sure that you unplug your microwave from its electrical source. Then, place a towel or a rag over the switch so that you don’t accidentally touch it and cause any further damage.
- Unplug the component that is currently plugged into the power outlet.
- Next, manually turn the appliance on and off several times to ensure it is not broken or damaged. If this doesn’t work, try holding your index finger over the switch until it starts working again or plugging another component into the outlet to see if this remedies your problem.
A trained repair specialist or a manufacturer’s representative can fix the problem for you if nothing else does.
Microwave ovens and ovens: how do they compare?
To compare these two components, one has to understand the basics of cooking. Microwave ovens were designed to cook food safely and efficiently. In addition, these appliances were designed to cook food without contact with an open flame or other ignition sources. Therefore, they are entirely safe for you and your family to use.
Although microwaves can be used for reheating, heating, cooking, defrosting, simmering, or boiling, however, it is best not to use them for baking or heating large quantities of liquid because this increases the fuel’s risk of dispersing hot spots, causing damage to the product inside.
It is also essential to know that microwave ovens are only designed to heat food, not stop it from cooking. Therefore, placing the frozen food in the microwave will cause it to soften as if you had left it on a plate for too long.
Microwave oven elements and magnetron tubes
It is usual for microwave ovens to be made from stainless steel or aluminum. Still, you can observe the quality of certain metals by watching the surface, reflections, or fingerprints. For example, you can see fingerprints on stainless steel and aluminum, while other materials, such as copper, iron, and tin, do not generate any fingerprint marks.
Microwave oven elements and magnetron tubes, which are the parts that generate the energy for microwave cooking, can also be observed for fingerprints to determine their quality. The more fingerprints a material leaves on its surface, the better. A material with few fingerprints is likely of poorer quality than one with bigger ones.
What is a good way to clean a microwave oven?
If you have a microwave that gets dirty quickly, you might be wondering what the best way to clean it is. You can find many different ways to clean your microwave oven, but we have put together some of the most common tips for you as follows:
When cleaning your microwave oven with household products, you need to know which ones are safe to use and which ones aren’t. For example, plenty of detergents are safe for use in microwaves, but you must read the label carefully. Your oven’s interior might be damaged by these materials, creating a stench or possibly causing it to explode.
You need to understand that microwaves are very small, so it’s not safe to use them on harsh chemicals like bleach or ammonia. Instead, you should use products that have been specifically designed for cleaning tiny appliances. These products are available at many stores, and they usually contain less than five percent of the chemicals.
To clean the inside of your microwave oven, you might also use a utility knife. Again, you can either cut away the dirt with this or do it in sections if you don’t feel like cutting it all away.
It’s also vital that you don’t let water get inside your microwave oven, as it will retain moisture and odors, which will ruin its interior. Please make sure you properly dry the interior of your oven after you wash it.
Microwave Ovens-Easy Ways to Clean a Microwave Oven
One of the primary reasons people have microwaves is that they are so convenient. They are fast and easy and make things easier on top of everything else. There isn’t any need to go through the hassle of cooking with an oven or dealing with a full stove when you can push a few buttons and have things ready within minutes. When it comes to cleaning a microwave, you’ll be delighted to discover that it’s a relatively straightforward process.
Everything you will need to clean your microwave oven is usually at your disposal.
You will want to gather:
- A few paper towels,
- Vinegar or lemon juice
For an added touch, you can use dish soap as well. Vinegar and lemon juice both work well to get rid of odors left behind after cooking certain materials, so this is the best combination of products that you can use to clean your microwave oven properly.
Before cleaning your microwave, make sure it is disconnected from the outlet. If it is still plugged in, the risk of an electric shock increases dramatically, and this could cause severe injury or even death.
When cleaning your microwave oven, work from top to bottom to avoid food spills from the inside of your appliance. Then, plug it back in only once it is entirely dry. You’ll discover that this procedure is simple, but there are occasions when you need the support of an expert.
Microwave Cleaning Tips
Cleaning your microwave doesn’t have to be a dreaded task, as long as you know the proper way to do it. You should take specific steps when cleaning your microwave, and there are also various household items that you can use for the task. However, there are instances where nothing seems to work. If this is the case, you will probably want to contact a maintenance specialist who can clean your microwave oven professionally.
- When it comes to dirt and stains, vinegar is one of the best products that you can use when cleaning your microwave oven.
- You can use this to clean the exterior of your microwave oven, and it will also help remove some of the stains.
- You can put the vinegar into a spray bottle, and then you can use it on the glass panel on top of your microwave oven.
- If you want to clean it thoroughly, then add another tablespoon of vinegar each time before spraying it with the liquid.
- The key to cleaning your microwave is using dish soap instead of harsh chemicals or cleaners.
- You can use many different types of soap to clean your microwave oven, but the most important thing is to ensure that you read the instructions that come with each one.
- Dish soap is not only for use in the kitchen, so you may also want to try using it to clean a part of your home.
- When you have problems with your microwave oven, it’s a good idea to look at cleaning the interiors as well. You can remove this by using an old toothbrush and paper towels.
- Ensure that the machine is unplugged, and then carefully remove the handle.
- Using paper towels and vinegar or lemon juice, wipe off the area to eliminate any lingering food stains, then wipe it clean.
- Afterward, a dry cloth will keep away any moisture and ensure that everything is perfectly dry when you prepare to cook again.